Jamesburg History Archives
Manalapan Lake | Railroad | Jamesburg Streets | Churches
| Events & People | Buildings | Houses | Stoeffler House
Jamesburg Schools | Historical Narratives
The pictures and stories can be e-mailed to
email@example.com. jamesburg.net is dedicated to preserving Jamesburg's history and we
appreciate your generosity.
The Presbyterian Church of Jamesburg in 1883. The church was organized on June 6, 1854. The land for the church was donated by James Buckelew.
The Presbyterian Church of Jamesburg Sanctuary, 1883.
The Renovated Sanctuary in 1894.
1890 View of the Manse with Dr. and Mrs. B. S. Everitt.
1928 View of the Church.
The Presbyterian Church of Jamesburg - Early 1900s.
The Presbyterian Church of Jamesburg
The German Baptist Church. Built in 1886 from two lots of land from the Davison estate for $150 each. With the financial assistance of G.W. Helme of Helmetta, the church was constructed. Became the Jamesburg Senior Center in 1976.
The German Baptist Church.
The Jamesburg Methodist Church. Constructed on Vine Street in 1884. Rev. C. Roland Smith was the first pastor. In 1967, the church was destroyed by fire and never rebuilt.
The Jamesburg Methodist Church.
The original St. James Roman Catholic Church, constructed in 1879 on land donated by Mrs. James Buckelew. The building was demolished in 1959. The present St. James Rectory was built on the site in the 1970s.
Original St. James Roman Catholic Church interior. The Church site is marked today by a stone to the right of the present St. James Rectory.
The St. James Hall. Demolished in 1950. The present St. James Church occupies its site today. Its front doors faced Stevens Avenue.
The St. James Rectory and Church.
The original St. James Church.
The original St. James Rectory. Was moved to Mott Avenue to house the Housing, Recreation, and Communications Association
(H.R.C.A), but it suspiciously burned down September 26, 1970 before being set on its new foundation.
The “new” St. James Church interior at 1959 dedication
An aerial view of the new St. James Church, Rectory, Religious Education Building/Hall, and parking lot, circa 1970s.