Jamesburg History Archives
Manalapan Lake | Railroad | Jamesburg Streets | Churches
| Events & People | Buildings | Houses | Stoeffler House
Jamesburg Schools | Historical Narratives
The pictures and stories can be e-mailed to
email@example.com. jamesburg.net is dedicated to preserving Jamesburg's history and we
appreciate your generosity.
The Lincoln Coach in an undated photograph. The Lincoln Coach was loaned in 1861 by Mr. James Buckelew to convey President-elect Abraham
Lincoln from the Trenton Train Depot to the Statehouse for a pre-innaugural address to the State Legislature. It was returned to Jamesburg
from Trenton and fully restored in 1979, appearing in the Memorial Day Parade each year thereafter.
The Lincoln Coach in front of Jamesburg School No. 1 with the Hoffmann Family in 1936. Matilda Hoffmann, second grade teacher and husband driving the Coach
The Lincoln Coach on display at the First National Bank of Jamesburg in 1964. This was the centennial year of the Bank's founding by Mr. James Buckelew.
The Lincoln Coach in the 1979 Memorial Day Parade. The late Historian Louise Johnson Kerwin is seated in the coach.
The Lincoln Coach today, a reminder of Jamesburg's glorious past.